Friday, August 25, 2006

Room Full of Memories.

Looking around me, I see a place where there was warmth and safety once. So full of memories that I will cherish forever. This place was a home. My home. I've experienced so many things in this house that I will never forget even if I wanted to. I've made things that I still have as well as things that I've lost. I've cried as much as I laughed. It is a wonderful place to have grown up in.

I was thinking that when I arrived in front of the house, and I remember all the times that I came through this door everyday when I was a child. I go to my room, and I find it just the way it was when I left it years ago. Even though the paint looks a little pale and the room smells kinda funky, I guess I still think that this is *my* room. Where I spent a lot of days wasting my time daydreaming and thinking the day away.

Everything feels so dusty and old. I can feel the dust in the air. And I try to clear the air with my hand, but no use.

All I see are the silhouettes of my bed and desk. It looks so lifeless, and I can't imagine how nobody has come in here for so long.

My eyes go wide when I switch on the lights. Everything's still there. Soo used. Sitting there collecting dust. I hold my breath and enter, worried that if I did anything I'd ruin the moment. And it was moment I never wanted to forget.

I wander around the room, with a smile on my face. Everywhere I look I find myself remembering the past. How simple it was. How innocent. And I find myself wanting to live in that time. And I remember how I had to let it go at such an early age.

I turn around and face my bed. I stand in front of it and hit it. That was a big mistake. Dust comes out everywhere. And I turn my head and cough.
I stare at the bed. And what the heck lay down on the bed. And I do what I usually do. I stare at the ceiling. I sigh, feeling content.
I look to my right, and I see my prized possession, my desk. I stand and walk around to it.

I stop in front of my desk and slide my hand on the surface. I stare in awe at the desk. Everything's just the way I left it. There's a picture frame that I never used and pens and other things.
I open the drawer and I find the notebook that was once my diary and open the last page I've written.

Dear diary,

As of today, I will no longer write to you. It's not because I don't want, but because I don't see the point anymore. I don’t think I have the strength for it. I leave my dreams and thoughts in this notebook… I don't have time for this anymore.

Goodbye..

Thinking back, I don't remember why I did this. And I still don't regret doing it.

"There you are. You ready to go?"

"Yep, just saying goodbye."

I turn to head for the door when I remember. I go back to the desk and pick up the picture frame that I never used. Wanting to take a piece of my past with me.

The weird thing is I still feel the same thing I felt the time I lived here, At home.

"Why do you have dust all over you?"

Stare at a memory
You, through the grapevine, heard the truth
It's good to learn from your mistakes
But that only works in youth.

No comments: