Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Is There Such A Thing As A Happy Ending? (Part 3)

before reading this part. please read part 1 & part 2. or just scroll down.
--------------------

"Honey let me explain…" began her husband hesitantly.

"I don't think it needs any explaining. Thank you." she said interrupting him.

"Look I just want you to know that it meant nothing to Me." he said with pleading eyes.

"Oh ok. So it's just a dick thing?" she asked.

"Well… yeah, I guess." not knowing what to say.

"You guess… so umm...tell me. How long has...this meaningless affair been going on?" she asked him while at the same time crossed her arms.

"Not long…" he said looking at the ground.

He looked like a school boy who expected to be punished by the principle. She wanted to tell him to grow up. He isn't a boy anymore. She wanted to tell him that he was a man. Getting punished isn't going to be the last of your worries in life. It was always like that with him. He would do anything he wanted and wouldn't take no for an answer. And he wouldn't care about what would happen after doing whatever he wanted.

"That's not good enough, how long?" she asked the floor not wanting to see him.

"I don't know, a couple of months, a year?"

At that she was able to look at him. "A year? You have cheating on me with a twelve year old for a – "she stopped what she was saying when a thought had struck her.

"Ohmigod. Please tell me that you didn't cheat on me because of what happened last year." She begged him to tell her. All of a sudden her eyes started to tear up.

"Please tell I'm wrong. Tell me that it was just a coincidence." she said as she took a couple of steps to stand in front of him. "Is it?" she asked him one more time.

The only answer she got from him was silence.

Suddenly she wasn't upset anymore. She was pissed. And then she slapped him. "You asshole! You insensitive lying asshole!!"

"You cheated on me because I couldn't give you *children*?" her tears were falling on their own now. Her control over her feelings was out the window. And she didn't care anymore. She was hurt. She was humiliated. She was mad. But most of all, she was heartbroken.

All of a sudden the room felt too small. She couldn't breathe. She couldn't stand still. She needed space. She needed to get out of here. To think about what she was going to do. But what she really wanted was to get away from him.

As she walked to the front door. She felt her husband follow her. And he was saying something. She didn't hear what he was saying. She wasn't listening. And her ears felt like they were stuffed with cotton. But some words got through and she heard him saying. "Never do it again… I'm sorry…please…don’t leave … I love you"

As she reached the door. She turned around and held his eyes.

"I love you too. But I don't trust you anymore. And I can't stay married to someone I don't trust, and who's unfaithful."

"Look you can't just leave. We have to talk this through." He said with emotion evident in his voice

"What else is there to talk about? I just… need some space to think…things through.” she said and closed the door.


I wanted you to know I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
I keep your photograph, I know it serves me well
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

1 comment:

SpiKeY said...

12 year old???? daaaaammmnnnn......

hmph...u cant trust no one in this life i guess.....

i like that song...coz am broken..when am lonesome .. :(