Thursday, August 17, 2006

Is There Such A Thing As A Happy Ending? (Final Part)

before reading this. please read part1, part 2 & part 3.
--------------------------------

When I step out of the building, I hear thunder in the Far East, a storm. How convenient. I turn right to the place where citizen have to stand to go across the street to the public park. I have to wait for a couple of minutes because of the traffic.

They turn red. Cars start to stop. While I'm crossing the street, I see a guy in a BMW who seems to be scolding his girlfriend maybe? I avert my eyes away from them and keep crossing the street. When I get to the other side of the street I hear the thunder more clearly. It's getting closer. And I forgot my jacket. Damnit. Well I'm definitely not going back to the apartment to him. I guess I'll just freeze to death. No big. My world already fell apart. Dieing won't change anything. I wrap my arms around myself to keep from the cold. And keep moving forward.

I'm in the park now. And I'm surrounded by nature. Trees left and right. Benches every few meters. I've always loved this park. It was a place where I could just sit down and admire the view or just think. I look up at the sky and see that it's turned a dark shade of gray. I don't care. I keep going into the park. I keep walking for a couple of minutes. I get to the road-like thing they made for horses and I walk faster, because two men with horses were coming my way. I walk a few steps and I get to the actual street. There are cars here as well. I turn my head to my apartment and I can clearly see the front door and my window. And I wonder what he's doing. Did he call her and tell her what happened? Or is he breaking up with her? It doesn't matter if he broke it off with her. I'm still not going back to him. I came here to think of what *I'm* going to do. Think about where I'm going to live. That kind of stuff.

I cross the street and keep going forward. I wanted to see where the path would take me if I went with the flow.

Walking in a one lane path I start to look around. Looking at anything worth looking at. I look at my right. I see the streets outside. Cars everywhere. People walking.

I look at my left and I see more trees, but if I look past the trees I can see a field of wheat. With a dog there following what seemed to be some kind of insect that's too small to see, with its owner behind him.

I keep moving. The cold starting to get to me. I think even if I have a coat I'd still feel cold. I now feel cold both in the inside and the outside.

I walk for a few minutes then I see myself in my destination. This is the real park. Grass and old trees with many paths and benches to go with it. I take a deep breath of fresh air.

I look ahead and I see my destination. I see a lake with a lot of benches in front of it. And I start my walk to my destination. While going I see a family having a picnic. With the parents sitting with the adults. One of them with a baby on his lap. With the children running around playing with the family dog. At that moment the raining starts. The adults moan and start to stand and pack up for home. While the kids seemed very happy to play with the rain.

I look up at the sky and close my eyes as I let the rain fall over and cleanse me with its purity. Feeling at the edge of a shiver every time a drop of rain falls on me. I'm completely wet now. But it doesn't matter. I came here to think and I will.

I look at the direction of the lake and I see people moving away from it. At least I now have a place to sit. And I walk to the lake.

When I get to the lake I take a seat at the nearest bench I could find and sit down and stare at the lake. It looks breath taking. With the rain drops falling on it is just something that my explaining it doesn't give it any justice.

What I'm I going to do? I left home because of his work. And I have nowhere to go. I loved him. I gave him everything. I gave up my dreams for him.

My tears start to fall without realizing it. And the rain is getting stronger. And I cry harder. With my tears rolling down my chin and falling on my lap and mixing with the rain. Gasping at every intake of breath. I look up at the sky as if I could find the answer to all my problems. But all I saw was rain drops falling everywhere.

Was it something I did? Or do I just don't deserve a happy ending? Does anybody deserve to have it?

I cry for a few more minutes. I'm freezing from the rain. And I shiver every time a rain drop falls on me. My teeth start chattering and I wrap my arms around myself again.

Something catches my eye and look at my left and I see and old couple sitting close together sharing an umbrella and a laugh at something while staring at the lake.

I smile at that. And they see me staring at them. They smile back and the husband whispers something in her ears and she nods. And at that moment I realized that…

There is such a thing as a happy ending. You just have to be lucky enough to find it.


I didn't think that you'd sell me out
Now I know what you're all about.
You might feel in control of things.
But you're not holding all the strings.

2 comments:

SpiKeY said...

i guess life gives u happiness in different ways...each individual has his/her happiness sumwhere..but the only thing u dont know is when its coming too u...

Transparently said...

Quite sad, I never thought it would end this way.