Monday, January 29, 2007

One Meets His Destiny Often On The Road He Takes To Avoid It

The day was going well so far. We still didn’t find what we were looking for. We didn’t know what we’re actually looking for. But we wanted something for the party. We kept shopping, going from one shop into the other for a while. We had found some ‘potential’ things to wear. But we wanted something perfect for all of us.

Shopping wasn’t something I really enjoyed, but I was enjoying the company, we would make some remarks on some particular things that we felt people had the right not to see on display let alone on people..

We were getting out of a shop that we had just entered less than five minutes ago when:
*beep beep beep*

I thought to myself... this couldn’t be happening... I turn and see the sales man waving his hands and telling me not to worry about it. I thank him and catch up with them. They’re trying not to laugh. But it was a losing battle as they tried not to make eye contact with each other or with me.

“Alright let’s just keep going”
“I thought you threw away those jeans?” she asks me, with a huge grin.
“I did. This sucks man...” I say as we make our way to the next store. we pass some guys waiting outside for some girls. One guy says something about us that we didn’t pay attention to or hear, it’s nothing new to us.

As we enter it beeps again, and I turn to the security guard to see his reaction. I see him looking at me. Confused, not knowing what to do. But he kept quite. I hear them giggle and go check out some stuff. I give up and stand near the security guard so he can see that I’m not doing anything. Because I was positive when we leave I would beep. And I didn’t want to waste anybody’s time.

The hairs on the back of my neck stand with the feeling that I was being watched. I turn and I see the security guard looking at my body with a look I didn’t like. I look down and make sure that everything is the way it should be. Nothing showing and nothing is out of place. I look at him again and the look he gave me made me uncomfortable beyond belief. He was undressing me with his eyes. I didn’t like it. It was scaring me. And I wanted to leave. Desperately.

Five minutes later they come to me and say that they’re ready to leave and have some dinner. We pass the steal detector-thingy, and naturally. It beeps. I kept moving as if nothing happened. But he stops me. He asks if he can see my bag.

“Excuse me?”
“I need to check your bag,” he says while holding out his hand for it.

I hand him my bag still not sure what was going on, but if I didn’t cooperate that would mean I was hiding something, which I wasn’t. So I gave it to him. Still trying to figure out what was happening. I still don’t know.

He gives my bag back to me and says the most shocking words: “turn around and spread your arms and legs please,” he says coming closer to me.

“Wha…” he wouldn’t let me finish the sentence. He turned me around and spread my arms and legs and started patting my backside, my legs, thighs, hips, and waist. Everything. His hands were lingering everywhere and everybody knew it. Everybody stopped what they were doing and stared. The guys that were waiting, their eyes almost fell out of their sockets. Everything started to move in slow motion.

His hands began to go up my leg. I opened my mouth to say something I can’t remember even if you gave me a million k.d. But he shut me up immediately. His hands were going further up until they went to my inner thigh. I closed my eyes, not able to take it anymore. A single tear fell from my eyes when he spread my legs more roughly.
I couldn’t believe it. This was actually happening and in public and I’m just standing there. Frozen. I knew what to do if this ever happened. But for the death of me I couldn’t move. I couldn’t speak. I couldn’t hear or see anything. And I couldn’t stop it.
I didn’t know what was wrong. Why didn’t I move? Why didn’t I hit him? Why didn’t I defend myself?

Tears are still falling when he finished. He thanks me for “my cooperation” and turns back and goes to his place. I turn and walk while they’re walking behind me. One of them, I didn’t know who had my bag in her hand. I hadn’t noticed when my bag fell from my hand. I didn’t notice anything other than what was happening during those minutes. I hadn’t noticed when he started to complement my legs -saying they were beautifully shaped- when he was doing what he was doing. I hadn’t noticed the people asking themselves what was going on. I hadn’t noticed the guys trying to stop the man from what was doing to me. I had only felt my innocence leaving me.

I stop walking. I look around myself and I don’t know where I am. I have no idea why I’m even here. Why I even ran. Why I needed to escape from him.

“Sarah..” they both try to grab my attention

I wake up from my dream with tears in my eyes. And I keep crying for a long time. This was the first time I cried in three years. And I kept crying until there were no more tears. And then I cried some more. It was a dream. It was all a dream. But it felt so real that I couldn’t help but cry.

After I finished crying I lay on my bed thinking about the dream, and tried to find out what it meant. Then all of a sudden my phone rings. I look to see who it is and it’s her. I pick up the phone.

“Wanna go shopping?”

10 comments:

Elaine said...

allaah yhadach khara3teeni!! i3yooni gamat idami3 wana agraa o shahagt so many times ommy irkithatlee itshoof ishfeeni :p THANK GOD it was just a dream bas ya rabi 9ij itloo3 chabdee lama asma3 about these stories o ma buga a7ad ma saratla .. min kithir ma akhaf i refuse to have any surgeries lana matadreen what happens when ur under anesthesia :/

Anonymous said...

Damn your dreams are as wierd as mine, but if that ever happens I'ma beat up that security gaurd for ya :)
I got a lot of anger that needs to be unleashed and that situation is a valid excuse in my book to unleash it :P

♀ L's brain ♀ said...

PHEW! i thought it was real!!! gurl u sure know how to tell a dream!

MishMisha said...

elaine-ess:
hehe sorry etha 5ara3tich.. bes i felt the same thing when i woke up :)
and i totally agree about the surgery thing.. :)

tat:
lol thank god i'm not the only one who has these freak ass dreams. and thanks if anything like that really happens i'll know who to go to :)

l's brain:
lol umm.. i think i'll take that as a compliment.. right?

Dakhtour said...

Ay shy!! o emkhalyatna en3esh el jaw o akher shy a dream! lool khara3teeena 3al fathy! o 7aram kel hal edmo3 hala dream! anyways go read el tafseer o shofay shino ma3nata

Shaklech 6ala3tay 7aretech bel shopping 3del :P

Missy said...

eheh el7mdellah ena it was just a dream :)

bs why were u beeping? :p

The Solar Alchemist said...

ok ok ok

if anyone needs me I'll be in the hospital! due to heart problems.

God girl, you gave me a heart act! don't ever do that again!

and i thought I was disturbed :P

MishMisha said...

zizotime:
lool sorry.. bes shasawy it felt so real i couldn't help but cry..

missy:
hehe yeah thank god.. madri laish it beeps.. i'm just cursed :P

the solar alchemist:
omg come on! a heart attack? 7aram 3alaik.. i'm sorry :) oh and don't worry you're not the only disturbed person here.. trust me :P

Anonymous said...

look at the bright side you got great legs :P

MishMisha said...

tat:
yeah i guess i can say that's the silver lining of it all ;)