Friday, April 06, 2007

The Other Side Of The Story (Part II) **click on the title to read the first part**

So you finally came to listen huh? You finally gave up some of your time to listen to me, or did you? Heh does it really matter? Someone's finally going to listen to me for once. So where do you want me to start? How it all began? Or how it all fell apart?

I guess I'll start with the day we met. I'll tell you about the rest, the next time we meet.

That day started as one of the worst days of my life, and then all of a sudden it turned to be one of the best days of my life. If you'd ask me to do it again, I would never hesitate. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Now back to the story. That day I wanted to kill everyone. Nothing was going my way; I twisted my ankle calling a cab, and in the process broke my heel. Which was only the beginning.

I enter the building with a slight limp with a ripped skirt. I walk over to my desk feeling self-conscious and exposed. I held my head high and casually walked to the desk, only a little faster than usual.

I stand and stare. There is nothing on my desk, literally, nothing but an envelope. I open it and find a pink slip. I read it and I find out I've been fired. I think I was in shock, because I wasn't angry or anything. I just said the first thing that came into mind
"It really is pink."

Conveniently as I exited the building. It suddenly started to rain. and I couldn't help but yell.
"OH COME ON!"

I look up at the sky and take a deep breath. Trying to hold it in. I will not lose control here I thought to myself. Teary eyed I hail for a cab, at the same time another man standing next to me with an umbrella does the same. The cab stops between us. As I walk to it he does the same. I get there first and open the door getting ready to get in.

"Excuse me. What do you think you're doing?" he asks me cautiously
"Umm... getting in the cab?" not quite sure what to say.
"But this is my cab."
"Come again?"
"It's..my..caaaab" talking slowly as if I couldn't understand him.
"Look I've had a really crappy day and I don't have time for this….." and I start into blabber mode. Which in another note I think runs in the family.
"Ok ok. Maybe we can share?" he says while holding up his hand.
"Fine." I say as I step inside the vehicle.

Inside the cab I stare out the window, while doing patterns on the window with my finger.

"What are you staring at?"
"Everything." I answer.

Next thing I know he introduces himself and offers to buy me a cup of coffee. I decline saying something about me not liking coffee. He offers to buy me a milk shake. And I agree.

The whole time I'm aware of the ring on his left hand, but I never acknowledged it.

See you next week?

7 comments:

Hamad said...

whaaa?! you're clearly abusing you're authority as blog owner here, wheres the rest of it?! i cant wait a whole week!!! SOMEONE SHOOT ME...

MishMisha!! ok ok, would you send me the rest by email? no? dammit...
this is torture!! unfair i tell you!!

it's like watching prison break all over again!! arghh!!

fine i'll wait another week...

*goes to the corner and cries*..
with puppy eyes and all!

nQ said...

nnnNNNOOOOO!!! WHY NEXT WEEEK? i dont have a life! my soul belongs to the blogworld! and u cant cliff hang me like this! NOT COOL! i'm slippinnnngg.


ps
if u do email raven..
u might as well hit me up ;)

nQ

Sene said...

Next week!! You come to the inteesting part and leave it to next week...Not fair at all.

eshda3wa said...

i loved it!!

and shinooo next weeeeeeeeek

NoOoOoo
NOW
NOW
NOOOOW!!!

do0da said...

cham bagi 3ala weekich ma9ar :P

Peony said...

i like... yalla..post part 3 already !

MishMisha said...

raven:
lool i'm sorry. you're just gonna have to wait. plus i have to write it first :P
hang in there.. a week will pass in a blink of an eye :P

niqa:
patience is a virtue.. it'll be worth the wait.. i hope :P

sene:
hehe sorry :)

eshda3wa:
thanks :)

do0da:
ba3ad cham yom ;P

peony:
in a few days you'll see it :P